Recruiting new e-Reporters for ‘Korea-Canada Blog’Recruiting new e-Reporters for ‘Korea-Canada Blog’
In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between Korea-Canada in 2013, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea to Canada launched the ‘Korea-Canada 50th Anniversary Blog’ (korcan50years.com). Through the blog, the e-Reporters shared their stories of Korea-Canada friendship, Korean culture, arts, education, economy and lifestyle, which ultimately reached out to 171 countries and 110,000 people around the globe.
In responding to the great popularity of the blog, the Embassy has decided to continue the blog indefinitely and will re-launch the blog as the ‘Korea-Canada Blog’ with a promise to return with even more informative and entertaining stories.
To that end, the Embassy is recruiting new volunteer e-Reporters who have a passion for Korea-Canada relations and are committed to contributing stories to our blog on a regular basis. We welcome stories involving Korea and Canada from diverse perspectives including your own experiences of Korea and Korean culture.
If you are passionate about Korea and are dedicated to reaching out to the online community with your writing, we would like to invite you to join the ‘Korea-Canada Blog’!
Thank you and we look forward to your applications!
Number of e-Reporters
• No restrictions on region, education, age, sex
• All residing in Canada
• Preference will be given to those who already have an active blog or SNS account)
• Apt at communications and creative-writing in English or French
• Proficient social media skills
• Diverse interests in Korea-Canada relations
• Discover and report hidden Korea-related stories in Canada. Ex) Contents found in local libraries and museums, Korea-related stories in local newspapers, stories of Korean immigrants, interesting Canadian cultural phenomenon, etc to be told in an interesting, storytelling format
• Example categories : Kpop, food, films, fashion, traditional culture, sports, literature, history, economics, politics, diplomacy, tourism, shopping, products and brands, social policies and etc.
• Conduct research, interviews on various traces of Korea-Canada relations. To be compiled and published through the blog
• Blog about various developments happening in their own local area pertaining to Korea-Canada relations
• All contents are to be posted either in English or French
• From Feb to December 2014 (Approximately 11 Months)
• Official letter of appointment
• Invitation to Embassy and Consulate-General hosted events
• Rewards will be given to most active/excellent e-Reporter
• January 24th, 2014
• All applicants must fill out and return the application form including the Activity Proposal. Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24th, 2014
• Results will be announced on Friday January 31 2014 by email and public announcement