Click to view previous issues: Issue 01: 시작 (The Beginning), Issue 02: 별이 빛나는 밤 (Starry Night),Issue 03: 연인 (Lovers), Issue 04: 건배 (Cheers!), Issue 05: 시간 여행 (Time Travel), Issue 06: 위로 (Consolation), Issue 07: 주말 휴가 (Weekend Getaway),Issue 08: 저녁 공기 (Evening Air), Issue 09: 모닝콜 (Wake-Up Call), Issue 10: 생일 축하해! (Happy Birthday!)
To follow the series on Facebook, click here.
Hello, 안녕하세요, I’m back with issue 11 of ‘The Attic Playlist’! My name is Jiwon, and ‘The Attic Playlist’ is a series I have designed to introduce songs by musicians who are less popular to foreign listeners yet definitely worthy of recognition. In each issue, I will introduce five songs by different musicians. For every song, I will provide the full lyrics in Korean. Then, I will pick out a few lines from the lyrics that capture the mood of the song and provide a translation of them, so non-Korean speakers can also enjoy the meaning of them.
‘The Attic Playlist’ will be published once every two weeks.
This week’s theme
Seoul is a dynamic city. It’s my hometown, so I have a special attachment to the city. These are songs that describe the city and the people.
This week’s playlist
1. 파티스트릿(Party Street) – 퇴근길 쌈바(Samba on the Way Back from Work)
2. 프라이머리(Primary) – 3호선 매봉역(Line 3 Mae-Bong Station)
3. 에피톤 프로젝트(Epitone Project) – 이화동(Ewha Dong(Village)) (Feat. 한희정(Han Hee-Jung))
4. 달빛요정역전만루홈런(Grand Slam of Moonlight Fairy Wins the Game) – 쓸쓸한 서울, 노래(Song of Lonely Seoul)
5. 못(Mot(Nail/Small Pond)) – 서울은 흐림(Cloudy Seoul) (Feat. 한희정(Han Hee-Jung))
I hope you have enjoyed the playlist, and feel free to comment below if you have any questions or concerns about my translation. I would also appreciate words of encouragement! All the Korean lyrics are from Naver Music, and all the videos are from Youtube.