For more than 100 years, Korea and Canada have steadily developed one of the strongest bonds, highlighted by the year-long celebration of the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between two countries in 2013, and the official signing of the Korea-Canada FTA in 2014, with its official implementation in 2015. Finally, with the establishment of the Korean Cultural Centre in Canada in 2016, Korea-Canada relations will be certain to grow in all areas of cooperation including business, science, technology, culture, sports, and more.
Since its launch in 2013, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea’s ‘Korea-Canada Blog’ has been sharing many interesting stories of Korea-Canada friendship, culture, arts, education, economy and lifestyle, with readers from more than 200 countries and 850,000 unique views on the Blog so far.
In 2016, the ‘Korea-Canada Blog’ will work to be even more informative and entertaining than ever before. That is why the Embassy is currently recruiting our newest cohort of e-Reporters who can share their experiences of Korea, discover unknown stories of Korea-Canada relations, and inform its readers of how Korean culture is thriving in their communities.
If you are passionate about Korea and are dedicated to reaching out to the online community with your writing, we would like to invite you to join the ‘Korea-Canada blog’!
Please find below further information regarding our recruitment process.
Number of e-Reporter
- Number to be determined
- Focus on regional representation, age and gender variety (university level or higher)
- All residing in Canada
- Preference will be given to those who already have an active blog or SNS account
- Apt at communications and creative-writing
- Proficient social media skills
- Diverse interests in Korean culture and society, Korea-Canada relations
- Discover and report on not-so-well-known Korea-related stories in Canada. Ex) Korea-related stories in local newspapers, interesting stories of Korean immigrants, interesting Canadians with deep ties to Korea, etc to be told in an attractive, storytelling format
- Example categories: Kpop, food, films, fashion, traditional culture, sports, literature, history, economics, politics, diplomacy, tourism, shopping, products and brands, social policies and etc.
- Conduct research, interviews on various traces of Korea-Canada relations. To be compiled and published through the blog
- Blog about various developments happening in their own local communities pertaining to Korea-Canada relations
- All contents are to be posted either in English or French
- From February 2016 to December 2016. (Approximately 11 Months)
- Official letter of appointment
- Invitation to Embassy and Consulate-General hosted events
- Rewards will be given to most active/excellent e-Reporter
- Deadline: January 25th, 2016
- All applicants must fill out and return the application form, including the Activity Proposal. Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25th, 2016
- Results will be announced on Friday January 29th, 2016 by email and public announcement